Pricing & Revenue Lead
Posted 4 months ago
Hometime is an empowerment platform that helps professional hosts scale their businesses. Our platform comprises software + community + deep domain expertise and has already powered the largest network of professionally managed Airbnb properties in Australia & New Zealand.
Our ambition is to become the global partner of choice for small accommodation providers: like Xero for accountants or Shopify for eCommerce - we want to be the foundation upon which they grow their business. Hometime empowers micro-entrepreneurs who deliver an exceptional experience to thousands of guests each year.
We are looking for a Pricing & Revenue Lead to join our team and support our ever-growing network of professional hosts.
Day to day you’ll be:
- Directly supporting Hometime’s Senior Revenue Manager in managing day-to-day activities of the team to achieve organisational goals
- Assisting in empowering team members with skills to improve their confidence, product knowledge, and communication skills
- Analysing pricing data, including exploratory analysis to find relevant patterns, trends, and anomalies in data
- Developing and running advanced scenario modeling to avoid costly mistakes or missed opportunities
- Monitoring industry trends and pricing strategies of competitors to help determine and set competitive prices
- Determining and implementing pricing strategies across various channels
- Developing automation tools to enable informed decision making and improved agility in responding to a shifting competitive environment and market conditions
- Presenting findings and recommendations to key stakeholders by translating complex data into actionable strategies and techniques to maximise revenue
- Contributing to Property Earnings Estimates/Forecasts for potential Hometime customers in close collaboration with the Hometime Sales Team
- Responding to Partner queries and providing supplementary support as required
This means you’ll be actively contributing to our mission to empower a global network of micro-entrepreneurs to build successful hosting businesses, by taking a leading role in creating and implementing pricing strategies to maximise revenue as well as scaling our centralised Pricing & Revenue Management systems, processes & team to effectively serve our growing portfolio of Partners and their properties.
We value transferable skills and strengths over experience. We’re looking for someone who ticks off most of the boxes below, but we don’t mind where you developed these skills. This role could be performed remotely as long as you have a good internet connection and are able to have a minimum of 80% overlap of Australian business hours.
- Data analysis: You are able to use a number of quantitative and qualitative methods to analyse data in order to gain a complete picture of effective pricing strategies
- Analytical thinking: You are highly analytical with a knack for structured, systematic thinking and statistics
- Technical expertise: You bring a passion for technology and advanced data solutions, such as data mining, classification and machine-learning
- Communication: You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, enabling you to report and present on complex information to any audience
- Data-centric approach to solving problems
- Experience using BI tools
- Strong numeracy skills
- Time management, prioritisation and business judgement skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Deep Australia & New Zealand market knowledge
- Strong attention to detail
- Motivated, self-driven team player who inspires and motivates those around them
- An entrepreneurial mindset with a resourceful and results-driven can-do attitude
Nice to haves:
- Tertiary qualification in mathematics, statistics, finance, economics, or in a related field
- Understanding of the core principles of Airbnb, booking.com etc.
Some of the perks:
- Competitive salary package in line with your experience
- A fully flexible working arrangement - work from wherever you are productive
- Quarterly team events
- Coffee on the house! $75 per month to enjoy at your local café
- Birthday day off
- Gain experience at one of Australia’s fastest-moving travel start-ups with huge learning & career opportunities