Threat Intelligence Analyst
Posted 4 months ago
We’re continually working towards making Kasada the best place to work, for everyone. We are deeply passionate about not only embracing diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression, but in building deep relationships, seeking to understand each other, to empower each other to bring our best selves together to collaborate and innovate each day. We value different experiences, we trust each other and we ultimately focus on delivering a positive impact both on each other and the world around us. Even if you are not sure that you quite meet all of the qualifications, please reach out - we’d love to hear from you.
Kasada can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Kasadians can choose to work remotely, return to an office or work hybrid, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually.
We see Threat Intelligence, R&D and Security Engineering as a top 5 strategic advantage at Kasada. This newly created Threat Intel Analyst role is designed to accelerate this advantage in 2022. Bot mitigation is a highly adversarial space and Kasada operates at the extreme end of the market. Our customer’s adversaries are intelligent, highly organised and well funded. As a Threat Intel Analyst you will be working alongside the SecEng and R&D teams to infiltrate the botting ecosystem.
Threat Intel @ Kasada focuses on identifying, tracking and mitigating key adversaries. We leverage tactical and strategic adversarial identification / data analysis techniques to enhance our ability to mitigate bots. The newly formed Threat Intel team will take ownership of these functions with key stakeholders across SecEng/R&D, Threat Detection Engineers, the broader Kasada business, Kasada customers and external entities.
- Gathering data on key adversaries (groups, communities, individuals)
- Building / maintaining tracking systems
- Leveraging intel to enhance detection logic
- Working with R&D to reverse engineer adversarial systems
- Monitoring for customer specific intel
The Must have list
- Experience working in Threat Intel
- Coding experience - bonus points for JS
- At least 2 years of full time work experience
- You can use common querying tools Splunk / Elasticsearch-Kibana and SQL
- You are an analytical and data-driven thinker who makes decisions based on objective information
- Highly motivated to help build Kasada into a big global business.
- Written and verbal communication skills that can convey both technical, nontechnical and strategic descriptions for various situations and audience
The “everything else” list:
- Generally flexible availability - able to work odd hours or hop on calls with short notice.
- An active member of the Information Security Community
- You get to work on tough, interesting problems that impact the security landscape of the entire Internet, globally
- Your work environment allows you to explore neighbouring areas with loads of career development opportunities
- Combat large scale attacks of varying sophistication across the internet and have fun while doing it!
- A great, close-knit team who will respect and value your knowledge past experience
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work location and hour arrangements.
There are very few threat intel roles that are as strategically aligned to a companies core focus as this. The role has evolved from activities conducted via SecEng, R&D and the broader team - so everyone is invested in your success.
We are ONE Team, and we work as a united force to continually deliver a positive impact to the world and each other, as we grow. We pride ourselves in our curiosity, digging deep while creating a fun, innovative and balanced environment. We are fast moving and fast growing, focusing on the right problems to get the greatest outcomes for our customers and our team. We encourage each other to share experiences and opinions, AND to act on them. We empower you to do great things!
More about Kasada
Our mission is to restore trust in the Internet, giving the world’s most innovative organisations the freedom to focus on what they do best. Kasada empowers enterprises to both protect their businesses, and make smart decisions based on real data, real transactions and real growth – ; pioneering a simpler approach that ensures immediate and long-lasting protection… WE stop the bot attacks others can’t with a global based service that operates at unmatched scale!
Founded in Australia, Kasada has expanded in Sydney, Melbourne, New York, San Francisco and London; and we are looking for people who are passionate about creating a secure and safe internet for businesses and people, everywhere AND having a damned good time while we do it!
More about our benefits
Regardless of location, or whether you work in the office, from home, or a combination of the two, Kasada is a highly collaborative team, and we are always looking for more ways to have fun! We support you with some great perks, such as: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, health & wellbeing benefits, flexible learning opportunities, Hackathon days, killer swag, and we continue expanding our benefits portfolio!